Thursday, August 5, 2010

Truth.

So the little prince, despite all the goodwill of his love, had soon come to mistrust her. He had taken very seriously certain inconsequential remarks and had grown very unhappy. 'I shouldn't have listened to her,' he confided to me one day. 'You must never listen to flowers. You must look at them and smell them. Mine perfumed my planet, but I didn't know how to enjoy that. The business about the tiger claws, instead of annoying me, ought to have moved me...' And he confided further, 'In those days, I didn't understand anything. I should have judged her according to her actions, not her words. She perfumed my planet and lit up my life. I should never have run away! I ought to have realized the tenderness underlying her silly pretensions. Flowers are so contradictory! But I was too young to know how to love her.'

-The Little Prince.


No comments:

Post a Comment